The Chinese Imperial Lions are widely known as the Fu Dogs / Foo Dogs, especially in Western society. However, in the Chinese Asian countries, Fu dogs are known as the Guardian Lion, an auspicious symbol of protection and power. We always see Fu Dogs depicted as a pair of lion statues traditionally placed at the entrance of Chinese imperial palaces, imperial tombs, temples etc., for protection. They were also symbols of family wealth and social status, and people positioned them in front of affluent homes.
Where to Place Fu Dogs Statues For Good Feng Shui?
1. Many commercial buildings, retail shops, hotels and restaurants place these mighty guardian lions outside their premises. We typically see fu dog statues positioned on each side of the entrance. With this setup, people believed they could protect their business and keep troublemakers away.
2. We should always display them in a pair (female and male). They represent the Yin Yang meaning that they protect the people living in the building or house.
The male Fu dog can be recognized with his paw on the ball, while the female one is the one with her paws on a cub.
3. Many households usually display Foo dogs outdoors, standing in front of palaces, temples, government offices, etc., to guard their premises. In addition, it also symbolizes protection and authority.
4. If you are displaying the Fu dogs outside your house entrance, ensure that they do not face directly toward your neighbour. It s because it can cause harm to them, similar to the concept of the Ba Gua mirror.
5. If you bring the Foo dogs indoors, make sure that they should always face outside and not inside the house. If not, it will cause disharmony and quarrel in the household. Also, avoid using oversized statues and choose brass material ones for indoor use.
6. It can help to mitigate negative Sha Qi too. For example, if your house is facing the sharp corner of a building, lamp post and other external negative energy, you can place one pair of Fu Dogs facing it.
Does Placing One Foo Dog Bring Bad Luck?
Many people like to know if it is ok to have only one fu dog. The straightforward answer is to avoid doing that because you might miss out on the yin or yang energy used to create a balanced and harmonious living space.
YOU MIGHT ALSO BE INTERESTED IN
Deciphering The Magical Meaning Behind Number of Lucky Bamboo Stalks
The lucky bamboo is a popular plant that is well liked by many Chinese because of its auspiciousness. It is always…
8 Lucky Plants And Flowers To Bring Prosperity in Chinese New Year
The year 2022 of the Water Tiger is just around the corner. Many people have already shortlisted the lucky plants and…
Chinese New Year Traditions – What Not To Do on Lunar New Year First Day
In our Chinese tradition and culture, there are a lot of do’s and don’ts during the period of Lunar New Year. You…
BE INSPIRED BY FENG SHUI ARTICLES
A leading Feng Shui blog and knowledge vault that covers all aspects of this ancient art
Home & Decor
Office & Career
Cure & Enhancer